Wadebridge Town Council is expected to continue to consider and comment on new planning applications for the parish.  Based on guidance received, the Town Council has agreed a new procedure which continues to allow parishioners the opportunity to advise the town council of any comments they may have on applications. This is set out below.

New process commencing Monday 23 March 2020 :

i)              On a weekly basis (by Monday morning) - Links to all planning applications received from the planning authority will be made available to the public on the town council’s website.  You will have 5 working days to submit any comments you may have on the applications notified.  Your comments should be submitted to the Clerk and we will provide details of how to do this and tell you the deadline for submission.

ii)             The Clerk will then prepare a summary of the public comments received for each of the applications notified.  This will be circulated to all members of the town council for their comments – they will  have a further 5 days in which to respond to the Clerk.  PLEASE NOTE : In accordance with GDPR the summaries will not contain any personal information unless the writer has expressly requested his or her details to be included.

iii)           Under the Emergency Scheme of Delegation, the Clerk and appropriate members of the council will agree a council response to each application.  The draft responses will then be shared with members of the council who will have a 2 days to advise the Clerk of any further comments.  At the end of the 2 day period the responses will be sent to Cornwall Council.

iv)           The town council’s response will then be posted on the town council’s website.

v)            Should the application be referred back to the town council under the 5-day protocol, the Emergency Scheme of Delegation will allow the Clerk to take any appropriate action to respond on behalf of the council. 

If you have any queries or questions regarding the above process then please do not hesitate to contact the Town Council on :