Email from Cormac RE The Camel Footbridge

Hello everyone

We’re writing to update you on the repairs to Camel Footbridge. Our subcontractors were on site yesterday taking some of the final measurements, that feed in to the design for the repairs and the scaffolding. As I’m sure you can appreciate there are a variety of permits and licenses that must be obtained for construction in or around a watercourse, that quite rightly are in place to regulate and safeguard against ecological deterioration and flooding.

As we explained in our last email these are complex and technically advanced repairs, the design of which require a degree of fluidity and must evolve as they progress. License  applications can be sometimes be dependant on the extent of works, and it materialises that a secondary license that was not foreseen, is now required before we can go ahead. 

It’s hoped that we’ll now be granted approval to begin in early April, with the closure of the footbrdge then in place until mid-September. Please accept our apologies for this delay and bear with us whilst we await license approval. If approval is granted before, then we will of course begin right away. In the meantime, Camel Footbridge will remain open.

Many thanks for your patience and understanding.

If you have any queries or concerns about this, please call 0300 1234 222 or email